Monday, July 7, 2014

[WALKTHROUGH] OverTheWire - Krypton Level 0 - Level 5

So, I thinking of trying out the Krypton of Over The Wire since the name remind me of Superman! :)

Well, Krypton is a wargame that mainly focus on Cryptography, which I am very unfamiliar with... *having some tough time tho*

So, I start from the Level 0:


Simply enough by decoding the string using Base64...



On-boarded the Level 1 as Krypton1...

Hints given as the password to Level 2 is encrypted using ROT13...



Moved in as Krypton2...


However, the encrypt file seems cannot encrypt any plain-text file as told...

Hence, I re-used the python script from Matt Stiles that will perform encryption of rotation from 1-25...
 
 

Look through all the generated plain-text password and the only seems possible will be after shifted 14 times...


Now, I'm Krypton3...


Perform Frequency Analysis using the website here...
 
Tabulate out the statistic of findings...

Some common used letter, bigrams, trigrams, and quadgrams for reference usage at here...


After some hard time cracking this things up, I only managed to get this far... :(

However, the answer with ONLY 1-short-character could be easily guessed...


After logged in as Krypton4, I am now facing the Vigenere Cipher challenge...

Fortunately, I have the hint told me that key length is 6...

So, I paste in the contents of 'found1' into the website here...and the returned key is 'FREKEY'...

Next, just moved onto the website here to crack the plain-text password...


Although the key length was not told this time...

However, we can repeat the same steps by using the default key in the website "5-9"... and returned with the key "KEYLENGTH"...

By having the secret key and ciphertext... we can simply decrypt the plain-text password...


After reached Level 6, I am so tired enough to continue... :(

*Crypto is really not my thing* Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment